Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Oven Fried Chimichangas

For todays Tempt My Tummy Tuesday recipe, I decided to share what we are having for dinner tonight, and what I brought to my friend this morning.

Oven Fried Chimichangas
1 lb. ground beef
shredded cheddar cheese
8 flour tortillas
3 Tbsp. butter- melted
1 can green enchilada sauce- heated up in a sauce pan over medium heat
Toppings: chopped cilantro, shredded lettuce, shredded cheese, diced tomato, diced onion, sour cream, black olives.
Brown beef. Preheat oven to 400°. Spray cookie sheet with non-stick spray. Place a spoonful of meat or so into center of tortilla, sprinkle with desired amount of cheese. Roll up into bundles. Once they are all assembled, brush with the melted butter. Bake for 25 minutes or until golden brown. Spoon heated enchilada sauce over top, and place desired toppings on top. Enjoy! These also reheat well the next day as leftovers.♥

2 comments:

  1. These look wonderful. I have made something with shredded beef that was slow cooked with spices. I saved myself the hassle and dishes from melting butter and used Pam instead. Did you have to use toothpicks to keep them from coming apart?

    Yummy! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These look so good, thanks for sharing !
    Have a blessed day.

    ReplyDelete

Penny for your thoughts!