1 (14 1/2 ounce) can tomatoes and green chilies
1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes (plus the juice)
4 teaspoons jalapenos (canned,diced, not pickled)
1/4 cup yellow onion (diced)
1 clove fresh garlic- minced
1/2 teaspoon cumin
1/4 teaspoon sugar
1. In food processor place jalapenos and onions and garlic.
2. Process for just a few seconds.
3. Add both cans of tomatoes, salt, sugar, cumin, cilantro and lime juice
4. Process all ingredients until well blended but do not puree.
5. Place in covered container and chill.
6. A couple of hours of chilling will help blend and enrich the flavor.
7. Serve with your favorite thin corn tortilla chips.