Friday, May 22, 2009

Time out for us


We took a much needed mental health day this past Monday. We went to our local rec center pool and had a glorious aftenoon in the lazy river, sliding down the slides and splashing in the splash zone for my youngest.










My 9 year old loves the lazy river. He spent better part of the afternoon floating around the lazy river.



My husband and my 11 year old took our six month old out in the big pool for his inagural swim. My baby is the most serious child! Not once did he crack a smile or cry about the water. In fact, he just carried on in his most studious manner. He is just so very sweet! I also have to say that any 11 year old who chooses to hang with his dad and baby brother is so very sweet as well!




And then there is this character- my 7 year old. He is always entertaining, always making us smile.


Our special family day restored our balance. We are so thankful to have jobs, a home, food and each other. But sometimes we need to focus on the "each other" part. I am glad that we took the time to do that.

1 comment:

  1. I know I like the lavy river only if I could eat fish sticks shrimp and samon

    ReplyDelete

Penny for your thoughts!