Monday, April 11, 2011

Back at it .........

I have been on a self imposed break. I distanced myself from attending to this blog to see if I missed it. I did, so I am back. As a reward for anyone who still checks in on my little corner of the blog world, I will share an awesome recipe. This is one that you will want to make several times a month.

Garlic Lime Chicken Fajitas

1 garlic clove minced
1 1/2 tsp minced onion
3/4 - 1 tsp cumin
3/4 tsp oregano
1/2 tsp black pepper
1/2 tsp salt
2 TBSP fresh minced cilantro
1/8 tsp crushed red pepper flakes (optional)
1/4 cup fresh lime juice
1/4 cup orange juice
2 TBSP olive oil

Mix the above ingredients. Reserve 1/4 cup. Place 1-2 lbs. thinly slice chicken breasts in the marinade. Marinate for at least 30 minutes or longer. Cook and stir chicken until lightly browned, Remove from skillet. Add 1 green bell pepper (thinly sliced), 1 red pepper and 1 onion (thinly sliced), and the 1/4 cup reserved marinade. Cook and stir until veggies are tender. Return chicken to skillet and heat through. Serve on warmed flour tortillas with shredded cheese, diced tomatoes, lettuce and any other toppings that make you smile.

*I discovered this recipe on the back of a McCormick recipe inspirations but I tweaked it a bit to my families tastes. I hope you will give it a go!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Penny for your thoughts!