Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Strawberry Pie

I have been watching the prices drop on strawberries, and this week they hit a decent price, and they looked really good. I am so excited because that means Strawberry Pie time!! This recipe was my mom's and it is the best recipe in the world. I look forward to this every year! My sister-in-law has perfected this recipe, and I usually just wait until we have some at her home, but this year, her home is to far for me to go and grab some pie! I had to give it a try. Go grab some strawberries and give yourself a treat tonight! You will be so glad that you did!

Strawberry Pie

1 baked pie shell
Sliced strawberries to fill pie shell
3 TBSP strawberry jello
3 TBSP cornstarch
1 cup sugar
1 cup boiling water

Combine jello, cornstarch and sugar. Add boiling water, stir well. Bring to a boil. Set aside to cool, then chill well after pouring over strawberries in pie crust. Chill for 2-3 hours and serve with whipped cream.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Penny for your thoughts!