Friday, June 18, 2010

Chicken Cacciatore

I try to make this often because it is very tasty and my hubby really likes it. I am still hoping that Son #1 and #2 will grow out of their aversion to dishes that have "red sauce" in them. Time will tell. It just leaves more for my hubby and I!

Chicken Cacciatore

1 lb. boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1 inch pieces
1 Tbsp. olive oil
1 tsp. basil
1 medium onion, diced
1 bell pepper, diced
2 cups fresh mushrooms, sliced
1 clove garlic, minced
1 28 ox. can crushed tomatoes in puree
2 Tbsp. fresh parsley, chopped
1 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. pepper
2 tsp. Italian seasoning
1 tsp. basil
Parmesan cheese
Wide egg noodles , cooked and drained

Season chicken with 1 tsp. basil. Saute chicken in oil until no longer pink in center. Remove and saute onion, bell pepper, mushrooms and garlic in same skillet until onion is transparent. Add chicken to vegetables and add all remaining ingredients except cheese and noodles. Simmer for 15 minutes. Serve over noodles and top with cheese.
This is also great when you serve it over hot cooked rice in place of the noodles. Just depends on your mood.
I am linking this recipe to the Grocery Cart Challenge's Recipe swap. I always love finding new recipes to serve my family. Don't you?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Penny for your thoughts!