Monday, April 9, 2012

Strawberry Pretzel Salad


This recipe is so good. Really good. I almost didn't share it....just kidding! My sweet friend Rhonda found this one on allrecipes a few years back. I made it and loved it then, but it got lost in all of my moves that I have made since then! I came across it again on Pinterest and I made it for Easter this year. I brought back on empty pan! It really is tasty!

Strawberry Pretzel Salad
2 cups crushed pretzels
2 1/4 tablespoons white sugar
2 1/4 tablespoons brown sugar
3/4 cup butter, melted
1 cup white sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese
1 (8 ounce) container frozen whipped topping, thawed
2 (6 ounce) packages strawberry flavored gelatin
2 cups boiling water
1 (16 ounce) package frozen sliced strawberries

Preheat oven to 350°. Mix together the pretzels, sugars and melted butter. Press into the bottom of a 9x13 inch pan. Bake for 10 minutes, or until lightly toasted. Set aside to cool completely. In a medium bowl, beat the sugar, vanilla, and cream cheese until smooth. Fold in whipped topping. Spread evenly over the cooled crust. Make sure you spread to all edges.  Refrigerate until set, about 30 minutes. In a medium bowl, stir together the gelatin mix and boiling water. Mix in frozen strawberries, and stir until thawed. Pour over cream cheese mixture in pan. Refrigerate until completely set.
I have the best results when I make this the night before. This dish will not last past two days or so due to sogginess.

1 comment:

  1. This is my favorite...I could easily eat it for breakfast, lunch, and dinner!! Yummy....

    ReplyDelete

Penny for your thoughts!