Thursday, April 5, 2012

Asian Beef Noodles

This is one of those meals that I turn to when the cupboards are getting a little thin. I almost always have ground beef in the freezer. I also keep Ramen noodles in the pantry.

I have 4 boys who eat everything. Ramen is a good thing to keep in my pantry! I digress.

Not only is this recipe made of things that I keep hanging around, it is quite tasty.

Asian Beef Noodles
1 lb. ground beef
2 pkgs. Oriental flavored ramen noodles, divided
2 cups water
2 cups frozen mixed veggies (I get the stir fry version, because it has what my boys will eat)
2 Tbsp thinly sliced green onions

In a large skillet, brown ground beef. Remove to a bowl, season with one seasoning packet. Set aside. Drain drippings from pan. In same skillet combine water, vegetables, noodles (broken up), and the remaining seasoning packet. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat. Cover and simmer for 3 minutes or until noodles and veggies are tender, stirring occasionally. Return beef to skillet. Add green onions. Heat thoroughly.
* My boys like to eat this with chow mein noodles for the crunch.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Penny for your thoughts!