Monday, April 30, 2012

Egg "Muffins"

Do you ever stumble upon an idea that is just so simple and wonderful that you smack your yourself saying "Duh! Why have I never thought of that?" Well, I had one of those moments this past weekend as I was trying to decide what to bring into my bible study class at church. I found and pinned a great idea on Pinterest, but unfortunately, it didn't have the recipe attached, so I googled it and read many recipes and they all were different. I knew that I wanted my little egg muffins to be all egg, and no bread, so I just decided to wing it. Here is what I came up with. The picture is what started this whole recipe search as I forgot to take a picture of my egg muffins.


Egg "Muffins"
Cooking Spray
9 eggs
1/3 cup milk
Salt and Pepper
Mix ins- Cooked Sausage, diced veggies (bell pepper, onion, broccoli, spinach, whatever make you happy), cooked and crumbled bacon, ham, diced chicken......
Shredded cheese
Preheat oven to 350°. Liberally spray your muffin tin. Beat eggs, milk, salt and pepper. Place your mix in ingredients in the bottom of each muffin spot. Pour eggs over the mix in ingredients, filling them up 3/4 full. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center of a muffin comes out without egg on it. Cool on wire racks for 5-10 minutes. Run a knife around the edges and carefully lift each egg muffin out.

I made sausage and cheese and then also a "Denver" egg muffin, which has ham, bell pepper, onion and cheese. They were both amazing!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Penny for your thoughts!