Friday, January 13, 2012

Crispy Parmesan Garlic Chicken

We seem to eat a lot of chicken at this house. I am always on the look out for a new way to serve it. This recipe was so good! The garlic infused chicken is delightfully crisp because of the Panko bread crumbs. Have you ever used Panko before? This was my first time, and I must tell you, we became fast friends, the bread crumbs made the outside of the chicken nice and crispy! Everyone in my house cleaned their plates- so it is kid friendly, and husband approved! The real bonus of this recipe though, is in the leftovers. I threw them on my salad for lunch today, and they were amazing! The flavors had really had a chance to meld together. I am making this again, and making extra so I can have leftovers! I found this recipe here.
Crispy Parmesan Garlic Chicken
4-6 chicken breasts
1 Tbsp minced garlic
1/3 cup olive oil
3/4 tsp. poultry seasoning
3/4 cup Panko bread crumbs
3/4 cup Parmesan cheese, shredded
Pour garlic, olive oil and poultry seasoning in a small sauce pan and heat over medium heat for one to two minutes- you are just trying to infuse the oil, not cook the garlic. Let cool. Cut the chicken breasts into tenders, place in a large zip lock bag. Pour the marinade over the chicken and refrigerate for at least 4 hours. Preheat oven to 425° . Pour Panko bread crumbs and Parmesan cheese in shallow bowl, mix well. Dip each piece of chicken into the bread crumb mixture , patting the bread crumbs onto each piece, and then place on a cookie sheet that has been pre-sprayed with cooking spray. Bake for 30 minutes or until the chicken is golden brown and the juices run clear.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Penny for your thoughts!