Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Triple Ginger Bars

One of my favorite things in the world is ginger. Anytime I can add a little ginger to a recipe, I will. This recipe is one of my very favorite recipes. It has ginger in three forms, ground ginger, fresh ginger and crystallized ginger. Yum, yum and yum!

Triple Ginger Bars
1 package white cake mix
1/2 cup butter, melted
2 eggs
1/4 cup finely chopped crystallized ginger
1 Tbsp. grated fresh ginger root
1 tsp. ground ginger
2 Tbsp sugar
Heat oven to 350°. Grease bottom only of 13x9 inch baking dish. Mix cake mix, butter and eggs with spoon until well blended. Stir in remaining ingredients, except sugar. Press dough in pan. Sprinkle with the sugar. Bake for 18-23 minutes, or until the edges are a very light golden brown. Cool completely before cutting. 

1 comment:

  1. I second and third the YUM's! One of the very best desserts EVER! And I can't thank you enough for sharing the recipe with me way back -everytime I make them people go ga-ga! This is a win recipe everytime! :) My mouth is watering right now just thinking about them.

    ReplyDelete

Penny for your thoughts!