Thursday, February 2, 2012

Popcorn Cake

I am going to share a recipe that just about rocked my little world! (How is that for dramatic!) I adore popcorn. It is one of my desert island things that I would want.
When I saw a picture for a popcorn cake on Pinterest, I knew that I would be making it! I made it for my son's 10th birthday party. It was amazing! Try this recipe, it super simple. Try it even if you don't have a special occasion, you will thank me!

Popcorn Cake
Original recipe from Cookies & Cups

1 stick of butter
1 bag of mini marshmallows
2 bags of buttered popcorn
2 cups FROZEN M&Ms
1 1/2 cups broken pretzel sticks

Start by popping your popcorn. Once your popcorn is all popped, sift through and remove all the unpopped kernels. Place in a large bowl, and stir in the M&Ms and pretzels.  Grease a Bundt pan and set aside.  Melt your butter in a sauce pan over low heat. Stir in the entire bag of marshmallows. Stir until the marshmallows are all melted. Pour over the popcorn mixture and stir until everything is all coated in the marshmallow topping. Transfer to the pre-sprayed Bundt pan. Cover with foil and let it set up for an hour. Run a knife along the edges and invert on your serving platter.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Penny for your thoughts!