Thursday, February 23, 2012

Chicken Packets

I have been so sick this past month. I haven't been cooking or eating much of anything. Tonight though, I made dinner for the first time in weeks. I think my family really appreciated it, because there was not one crumb leftover! It also could have been that they love Chicken Packets too!

Chicken Packets
2 cups cooked chopped chicken  (I usually use a rotisserie chicken, shredded)
6 oz. cream cheese, softened
1 Tbsp chopped chives
2 Tbsp milk
Salt and pepper to taste
1 cup crushed croutons
2- 8 oz. packages. crescent rolls
1/2 stick butter, melted
Mix chicken, chives, cream cheese, milk, salt and pepper. Preheat oven to 350°. Unroll crescent rolls (each tube contains 4 rectangles), press to seal perforations. Place 1/4 cup filling in the middle. Fold over and seal edges. Brush with melted butter and then sprinkle crouton crumbs over the top of each packet. Bake for 20 minutes or until the packets are golden brown.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Penny for your thoughts!