Friday, June 17, 2011

Friendship Bread

Today is Friday. On my street, that means trash day. My trash men come at the earliest hour that is legally allowed, I think. Son#4 loves all trucks, but he adores the trash truck. So at 5 am, he is up in his bed peeking through the blinds at the trash truck, yelling at the top of his lungs, "TRUCK, MAMA!! TRUCK, MAMA!" He will yell this until I drag myself out of bed to come and look at the truck with him. So that was the scene this morning, and since he is not willing to go back to bed after seeing his precious truck, we usually go in search of breakfast. This morning I knew I wanted to make Friendship bread. I went to get out all the ingredients, but it seems Son#1 has drank all the milk. Not an unusual occurrence. So, after I get to the store today, I might make this bread, then again, I might go take a nap and pray that the Recycling truck waits until my nap is over!.
I got this recipe from an Awana book that my son had- it is in one of the Trek books.

Friendship Bread
3/4 cup milk
1/4 cup buttermilk
1 cup flour
1 tsp flour
1 pkg. yeast

Combine and set aside for 10 minutes.
In a separate, large bowl combine the following:
2 cups milk
3 cups sugar
4 cups flour
2/3 cup canola oil
1 1/4 tsp baking powder
1 egg
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp vanilla
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp baking soda

Add in milk mixture. Preheat oven to 350°. Grease 4 loaf pans and divide dough between them. Bake for 1 hour or until golden brown on top.

Don't let the quantity of loaves scare you, just wrap them up and throw them in the freezer. Or go bless your neighbor or a friend. It is called Friendship Bread after all!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Penny for your thoughts!