Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Easy Summer Drinks

When school ends for the year, I tend to let certain rules relax a bit. Instead of limiting my boys to a soda a week, I might let them have 2 or 3. We might make sun tea, Kool-Aid, or lemonade. I have even made Kool-Aid slushies before. I am on a quest to find cheap and not so bad for you drinks that my guys will grab before a soda. Here are some of the things that I make, and am considering making for the hot months ahead.

Cheap and Easy Lemonade
2 cups sugar
2 cups lemon concentrate- found in the juice aisle
14 cups of water

Mix well.

Raspberry Lemonade
1 can frozen lemonade concentrate
1 pkg. frozen raspberries, partially thawed
3-4 Tbsp sugar
1 liter club soda, chilled
Ice cubes

In blender, combine lemonade, raspberries and sugar. Process until well blended. Strain to remove seeds. Transfer to a pitcher, combine raspberry mixture, club soda and ice. Mix well.

This recipe for Berry Mango Slush sounds really refreshing!
http://www.diabeticlivingonline.com/recipe/drinks/berry-mango-slush/

I would love to try out this recipe for Mock Sangria.
http://www.bhg.com/recipe/drinks/mock-sangria/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Penny for your thoughts!