Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Chocolate Swirled Banana Bread

This Sunday I signed up to bring our Sunday School class breakfast. I was trying to think of something a little different than what has been brought in the past. We often have egg casseroles, fruit of some kind and many different coffee cakes. I think that I have decided to bring Chocolate Swirled Banana Bread- if my bananas make it to Saturday! I really like this recipe, because I love banana bread, and I LOVE chocolate!

Chocolate Swirled Banana Bread
2 cups flour
3/4 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
1 cup sugar
1/4 cup butter, softened
1 1/2 cup mashed banana, 3-4 bananas
2 eggs
1/3 cup sour cream
1/2 cup chocolate chips

Preheat oven to 350°. Combine flour, baking soda, and salt. In separate bowl, cream sugar and butter. Add bananas, eggs and sour cream until just blended. Add flour mixture and beat until moistened. Microwave chocolate chips in a small bowl for 1 minute, stir until smooth and melted. Cool slightly. Add 1 cup plain batter to chocolate. Spray loaf pan with non-stick spray. Pour plain batter in. Add chocolate batter and swirl with a knife. Bake for 1 hour and 10 minutes. Cool for 10 minutes in pan on a wire rack, then remove and cool completely on wire rack.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Penny for your thoughts!