Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Make your own taco seasoning

We eat a lot of tacos in our house. They are fast, easy and we usually have everything on hand. Last year, I started to search for a homemade taco seasoning. I looked all over the web and I found a few I liked a little. So I combined them into one really good recipe. I double this and keep it on hand for all my taco feasts.

Taco Seasoning
2 Tbsp chili powder
1 1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/4 tsp onion powder
1/4 tsp oregano
1/2 tsp paprika
3 tsp cumin
1 tsp. Lawry's seasoning salt
1 tsp. black pepper
1 pinch cayenne
(Before we moved to Utah I used to add 1/4 tsp. chipolte chili powder, but I can't find it here, so I leave it out. It still tastes awesome!)
Combine. Add 1 1/2 - 2 Tbsp to 1 pound ground beef. You can also add 1/2 cup water, but we like ours a little more on the dry side, it works for what your tastes like.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Penny for your thoughts!