Monday, May 23, 2011

Lottie's Chicken Enchiladas

My husband has a birthday this week. I asked him what he would like for his birthday dinner, and he almost always chooses these enchiladas. My favorite part of this dish is the fresh ingredients that you pile on top at the end. They make these enchiladas over the top yummy! I got this recipe from my great Aunt Lottie. I am not sure where she first got it, as she loves to clip recipes out of newspapers and magazines (seems to run in the family.)

 
Lottie's Chicken Enchiladas

3 -15 oz cans green enchilada sauce, divided
3 cups cooked chopped chicken
2 cups shredded Mexican blend cheese
1/2 cup sour cream
1 can chopped green chilies, drained
8-10 large flour tortillas
1- 8oz  container sour cream
1 bottle green taco sauce
Toppings: diced tomato, sliced black olives, chopped avocado, chopped green onions, chopped cilantro, shredded cheese, and lettuce

Using one can of the green enchilada sauce, stir together the first 5 ingredients. Spoon mixture in each flour tortilla and roll up. Place in a 13x9-inch casserole dish that has been sprayed with cooking spray. Pour remaining two cans of enchilada sauce over top of the prepared enchiladas. Bake at 350° for 35-40 minutes. Stir together taco sauce and the 8 oz. container of sour cream. To serve, place enchilada on plate, spoon green taco sauce mixture over top and sprinkle with desired toppings.


Today I am sharing this recipe at Skip to My Lou- who hosts Made By You Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Penny for your thoughts!