Friday, July 17, 2009

Frozen Creamed Corn


The past 8 months have really flown by. This little fella has changed so much! We are so blessed to have this sweet boy in our family.
When we brought home Baby boy#4 home from the hospital, our amazing church family showered their love on us with meals and visits. A very dear lady brought us this recipe, and I have been waiting for the super sweet summer corn to be on sale to stock my freezer. This was so delicious. My tummy is growling as I sit here and think about it!

Frozen Creamed Corn
22 cups of corn
2 cups 1/2+1/2
1 1/2 cups butter
Bake for one hour, covered at 350°. Stir frequently (every 15 minutes).
These were the notes that she wrote on the back of the recipe card: I get about four batches from 150 ears of corn. We use an electric knife. I put 2 1/2 cups in bag to serve our family of 5. Once bagged, lay flat on cookie sheets and stack in freezer. After frozen flat, they will take up less room and stack well in a shoe box in freezer. We like to husk corn first (keep covered in bags), then cut off the cob and start baking. I use big roasters to cook. It keeps frozen for well over a year.


For more recipes check out the Grocery Cart Challenge Recipe Swap.

1 comment:

  1. 150 ears of corn?? This could be an all day project!! I really want to taste some though!!

    ReplyDelete

Penny for your thoughts!