Thursday, August 25, 2011

No Bake Cookies

It has been so hot here lately. Everyday we seem to be in the upper nineties! Temps like that do not make turning on the oven very easy. I can stand the stove top, but only if it is for something like a No-bake cookie. My friend wrote out her recipe for me for her No-Bake Cookies and I have been searching the web for more cookie recipes to try. They are so wonderful! Here are some of the recipes that I have found. I haven't tried them out yet because my boys love my friends recipe, but I might mix it up a little here soon!

This is a recipe for Butterscotch No- Bake Cookies.
Here is the recipe for No-Bake Chocolate Oatmeal Cookies.
Caramel Golden No-Bake Cookies sounded really tasty.
I believe that I am going to try the recipe for No-Bake Cookie Dough Truffles very soon, who doesn't like chocolate chip cookie dough?
Chewy No-Bake Cookies and Cream Dessert looks like I would make it and hide it before my boys saw it- I would not want to share!
Peanut Butter Buckeyes - peanut butter and chocolate, do I need to say anything else?

Here is my friend's tried and true, two thumbs up from my boys, No-Bake Cookie recipe.

No-Bake Cookie
1/2 cup butter
2 cups sugar
1/2 cup milk
3 Tbsp. cocoa
1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
1 tsp. vanilla
3 cups quick oats

In a large saucepan, bring butter, sugar, milk and cocoa to a rolling boil. Boil for at least 2 minutes or cookies will not set. Remove from from heat, stir in peanut butter, vanilla and oats. Drop by spoonfuls onto waxed paper and let it cool and set up for at least one hour.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Penny for your thoughts!