Friday, August 19, 2011

Eclair Dessert

I have started to eat healthier and track my food lately. Sigh. That means that I only want what I can't have! So I am posting something really yummy that I will probably not be eating, well, maybe tasting, but definitely not eating!

Eclair Dessert
One box of graham crackers
2 pkgs.  instant french vanilla pudding
3 cups milk
1 9 oz. carton Cool Whip, thawed
Line 13x9 in. baking pan with graham crackers. Mix pudding and milk and fold into the Cool Whip/ Spread half of the mixture over the graham crackers. Put another layer of crackers on top. Spread with the remaining pudding mixture.Add one last layer of graham crackers.Spread with chocolate topping.

Chocolate Topping
Melt 2 squares of baking chocolate in microwave with 3Tbsp. butter. Add 2 Tbsp corn syrup, 1 tsp. vanilla, 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar and 3 Tbsp. milk. Mix to a spreadable consistency. Spread over dessert. Refrigerate for at least 10 hours before serving.

All credit for this really yummy dessert goes to my friend Jeanette who shared it with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Penny for your thoughts!