Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Quick Ginger Chicken

I am going to share a recipe that is so simple, easy and best of all super yummy. (The re-heats are even better if that is possible!) It has my very favorite ingredient - fresh ginger! I hope that you will try this one out. Make sure you head over to Blessed With Grace who hosts Tempt My Tummy Tuesdays for more recipes- I always find several that I want to try.

Quick Ginger Chicken
1 1/2 lbs chicken- I use breasts
1/4 cup soy sauce
1/4 cup honey
2 Tbsp red wine vinegar
2 cloves garlic- minced
2 Tbsp fresh ginger- grated
Red Pepper flakes- to taste
Combine all the ingredients except the chicken in a small bowl. Pour over the chicken that has been placed in a greased baking dish. Turn to coat. Let it sit for 5 minutes. Bake at 350° for 25 minutes , turning once. Pour baking juices over the chicken. We like to serve it with rice.
I have even toyed with different veggies- they all work well- broccoli, carrots, snap peas. But my boys like just the chicken.

1 comment:

Penny for your thoughts!