Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Lemon Chicken

There is something about lemon that shouts springtime to me! In fall, I crave pumpkin and apple treats, but lemon is spring time for me! This past week, I made this amazing Lemon Chicken recipe that I discovered on Pinterest. This was one of the best tasting chicken dishes that we have had. It was great! It would be great for dinner with company, because it looks fancy. The leftovers were so good, I have to say I was disappointed when I discovered that my hubby had taken them to work. I thought hiding them behind the milk would have worked!

Lemon Chicken
2 Tbsp lemon zest
1/3 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
2 cloves garlic, minced
2 tsp. fresh thyme leaves
1 tsp. fresh rosemary, chopped
1 tsp. salt
1 tsp. pepper
2-4 lbs. boneless, skinless chicken breasts
Butter

Basting Liquid
1 Tbsp lemon zest
2 Tbsp. plus 2 tsp. freshly squeezed lemon juice
1 clove garlic, minced
1 tsp. fresh thyme leaves
1/2 tsp fresh rosemary, chopped
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. pepper

Place your chicken in a large zip lock bag. In a bowl, combine the lemon zest, lemon juice, garlic, thyme, rosemary, salt and pepper. Mix well. Pour over chicken in bag. Seal and squish it around to coat the chicken. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours, I let the chicken marinate overnight. Preheat oven to 425°. Place the chicken in a well sprayed casserole dish. Place a pat of butter on top of each piece of chicken. Place in the oven and bake for 30 minutes. Mix up your basting liquid and baste the chicken, use all the basting liquid. Place back in the oven and cook 30 minutes more. Chicken breasts are done when the juices are clear and the internal temperature is 170° . Remove chicken and place a foil tent over the chicken and let it rest for 10 minutes before serving.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Penny for your thoughts!