Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Fudgy Brownies

Who doesn't love a brownie with a tall glass of cold milk? Or with a cup of coffee for breakfast? I found this recipe on Pinterest/ Six Sisters' Stuff, and I knew that I would have to give it a try. I was not disappointed, they are dense and  super chocolaty. I normally don't frost the brownies that I make from a box mix, but these are perfect with their frosting.

Fudgy Brownies
1 cup butter, melted
1/2 cup cocoa
      2 cups all-purpose flour 
2 cups sugar
4 eggs
   4 teaspoons vanilla
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Using a mixer, blend melted butter and cocoa until smooth. Add flour and sugar; beat together. Mix in eggs and vanilla and mix until combined (be sure not to over mix). 
Pour batter into a greased 9x13" baking pan. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the middle comes out clean.
Let the brownies cool for about 10-20 minutes and then frost while still warm.

Frosting:
1/4 cup butter, softened
1/4 cup milk
1/4 cup cocoa
3 cups powdered sugar
dash of salt

Mix all ingredients together and frost as desired.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Penny for your thoughts!