Monday, November 15, 2010

Chicken Taco Soup

For dinner tonight, we had a really good recipe. This one is a keeper! It was made of just a few items and was wonderful on this cold windy day.
I found this recipe in a Gooseberry Patch cookbook, but I could not resist adding in a few things that I knew my family would like. I hope you try it.

Chicken Taco Soup
1TBSP butter
1 onion diced
2 cups cooked and chopped chicken
3 cups chicken broth
1 cup salsa verde
Salt and pepper to taste
1 bunch fresh cilantro, chopped
Tortilla chips
Shredded cheddar cheese
In large saucepan, melt butter and the add onion. Stir and cook until soft and starting to caramelize. Add chicken, broth, salsa verde, cilantro, salt and pepper. Heat over medium heat for 15- 20 minutes. Serve with chips and shredded cheese.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Penny for your thoughts!