Saturday, May 15, 2010

Stawberry Freezer Jam

One of my New Year Resolutions this year was to try my hand at canning and preserving fruits and veggies. I thought that I would give it a try with something simple. I searched the Internet and found many people making this very easy freezer jam.




Ball Freezer Jam

4 cups crushed strawberries
1 1/2 cups sugar or Splenda
1 pkg. Instant Fruit Pectin

Combine Pectin and sugar in a small bowl. Add crushed strawberries. Stir for 3 minutes. Ladle jam into clean 8 oz plastic freezer jelly jars. Let it stand for 30 minutes. Freeze for up to one year or in the fridge for up to 3 weeks.
This is my littlest guy who was my helper for this project. Here you can see him helping himself to one of the big fat juicy berries! Grab yourself a helper and give this jam a try!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Penny for your thoughts!