Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Crock Pot Tortilla Soup

This is one of my favorite Crock pot recipes ever. Any time that I am at Costco, I will grab a Rotisserie chicken so I can make this recipe. For my non-spicy friends, you can adjust the heat in this recipe- just use mild salsa. Try it, you will like it!



Crock Pot Tortilla Soup
1 clove garlic, minced
3 cups cooked and shredded chicken
4 cups chicken broth
2 cans petite diced tomatoes, undrained
1 cup salsa
1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
1 Tbsp ground cumin
Toppings:
Cubed Monterrey Jack cheese
Tortilla Chips
Sour Cream
Add all ingredients to Crock pot except toppings. Cover and cook on low for 8 hours. When serving, place desired amount of cheese in bottom of bowl and ladle soup on top. Sprinkle with tortilla chips and add sour cream if desired.
I have also added corn and rice with great success. You could even add beans if you like them.
I am linking this recipe to Crock Pot Wednesdays which is hosted by Dining With Debbie. This is my first time joining this carnival.
I am also linking up to Made by you Mondays hosted by Skip to My Lou- they are sharing their best soup recipes. Check them out!

2 comments:

  1. oh, that sounds wonderful right now! Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have made tortilla soup before but never in the crock. Looks like I need to give that a try. So glad I came across your recipe!

    ReplyDelete

Penny for your thoughts!