Sunday, February 10, 2013

Mexican Chicken- an easy crock pot dinner

I have been trying very hard to make one new thing each week, and I have been finding a lot of my new ideas on Pinterest. I would love for you to follow me there if you want, I have pinned some great things! Anyways, back to my latest recipe that I have pinned and tried. Mexican Chicken in the Crock pot. The original recipe is here, but when I pinned it, some gracious person wrote out the crock pot version, which I will share with you.

Mexican Chicken in the Crock pot
In your crock pot place your chicken breasts in the bottom. Sprinkle with taco seasoning, I used 2 Tbsp. Pour two cans red enchilada sauce over the top. Chop some green onions and sprinkle over top. Cook on low for 6 hours or so until the chicken is cooked through. Remove chicken from crock pot, shred with two forks and return to the enchilada sauce. Serve with chopped fresh cilantro and shredded Cheddar cheese, wrapped in warm soft tortillas.

For those of you who know me in real life, you know how hard it is for me to get a unanimous positive vote for my cooking, I have some picky eaters, but this recipe was a hearty thumbs up from the entire family! Woo Hoo!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Penny for your thoughts!