Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Cookie Pizza Cake

I just want you to know. I love chocolate, especially when it is paired with peanut butter. I am a Reese's peanut butter cup girl. They are my very favorite! I have been making this lovely Cookie Pizza Cake for a few years now and I decided to share it with you today . I had a dream recently that I came home from a long day out of the house and this was waiting for me in my kitchen! Pretty sweet dream, even better dessert in real life!

Cookie Pizza Cake
1 package refrigerated chocolate chip cookie dough
1 package chocolate cake mix, plus ingredients needed to make cake
1 cup vanilla frosting
1/2 cup peanut butter
1-2 Tbsp milk
1 container chocolate frosting
Chocolate peanut butter cups, chopped

Preheat oven to 350°. Press cookie dough into greased 12 inch pizza pan. Bake for 15-20 minutes. Cool for 20 minutes. Remove from pan and cool completely. Prepare cake mix. Fill greased 12 inch pizza pan 1/4-1/2 full with batter. Bake for 10-15 minutes. Cool for 15 minutes on wire rack in pan. Remove and cool completely. Combine vanilla frosting and peanut butter in a small bowl.. Gradually stir in milk, 1 Tbsp. at a time until it is a spreadable consistency. Place cookie on serving platter. Spread with peanut butter frosting. Place cake on top of cookie. Trim to match the cookie. Frost top and side of cake with chocolate frosting. Garnish with chopped peanut butter cups.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Penny for your thoughts!