Wednesday, May 9, 2012

California Turkey Sandwich

I was thinking about sandwiches earlier today. It is picnic season and I am trying to make a mental list of different things to make for picnics. I first had this tasty sandwich many years ago when my dear friend Beth made it for me. It is really yummy and different from the usual ham and cheese.

California Turkey Sandwich
1 ripe avocado, peeled, pitted and mashed
1/4 cup onion, chopped
2 tsp. lemon or lime juice
1/4 cup mayo
1 small garlic clove, minced
Salt to taste
1/2 cup sliced black olives
Sliced tomatoes, lettuce, onion
Sliced deli turkey
Slices of Pepper Jack cheese
Sub rolls

Mash avocado with onion, lemon juice, mayo, garlic and salt. Mix well. Spread on sub rolls. Top with olives, cheese, turkey, tomato, lettuce and onion

No comments:

Post a Comment

Penny for your thoughts!