Saturday, September 4, 2010

A wonderful summer dessert

I was watching Food Network the other night and Paula Deen was on with one of her sons and they were making a parfait. The simplicity and budget friendliness of the recipe appealed to me. I had to try it out. There are no quantities listed because it depends on how many you are making, but there is no way that you can mess this wonderful dish up!

Peach Parfaits
Fresh peaches sliced into bite sized pieces
Pecan Sandies- cookies found in the cookie isle, crushed (I used 3 for one serving)
Brown sugar
Cinnamon
Whipped cream

In a bowl, layer the peaches, sprinkle the crushed cookies on top, followed by a spoonful of brown sugar and a sprinkle of cinnamon. Repeat the layer one more time. Top with whipped cream.
It is so delicious and right now the peaches are super sweet and succulent! I hope that you give it a try!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Penny for your thoughts!