Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Orange Ginger Glazed Carrots

This year we decided to make these tasty carrots to go with our Thanksgiving meal. They were great! I was surprised at how non-sweet they were. Usually when I read "glazed" I think sugary, but the natural tastes of the carrot and the orange juice stood out. This is definitely a keeper for my home.


Orange Ginger Glazed Carrots
1 lb. baby carrots, washed
1 tsp. orange zest
1/4 cup orange juice
2 Tbsp. butter
3 tsp. freshly grated fresh ginger
2 Tbsp. honey
1/4 tsp. salt
1/8 tsp. pepper
1 cup water
Stir together all the ingredients over medium heat. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat, simmer, stirring occasionally for 30-35 minutes or until the liquid evaporates.

* I found this recipe via Pinterest, it was a Southern Living recipe.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Penny for your thoughts!